[CentOS] php on command line problems

Kai Schaetzl

maillists at conactive.com
Fri Mar 31 00:29:44 UTC 2006

The installed php on CentOS/RHEL is the CGI version. This means I should
be able to get command line arguments with $GLOBALS['argv'] or
$_SERVER['argv']. That's how the php documentation tells and how it works
f.i. on Suse.
However, on CentOS I get them only when I use the -n switch to php (no
php.ini). The problem with -n is that php cannot find the mysql_connect
function for some unknown reason.

So, how can I get to argv without using -n?
Or can I add the cli version with an additional rpm? I search with yum for
php-cli and cli-php, but didn't find such a package.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany