[CentOS] Need help installing rrdtools -- for OpenNMS

Vincent Knecht vknecht at club-internet.fr
Fri Mar 31 19:40:12 UTC 2006

Le Vendredi 31 Mars 2006 20:56, Chris Peikert a écrit :
> I am trying to install OpenNMS on Centos 4. The problem I am having now is
> I need to install rrdtools 1.2.7. Only problem is it doesn't come with a
> .bin or .rpm file to install it with. I have been trying to find someone
> who can help me install this program. If someone out there has successfully
> installed it please let me know so I can find out how you did it. Thanks

  DAG repository has rrdtools-1.2.12 which works fine with OpenNMS
http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/FAQ.php has instructions about configuring
the repository for your machine, or you can directly grab the RPM at
http://dag.wieers.com/packages/rrdtool/

  Also check this mailing list archives, Todd Reed made a step by step
procedure for installing OpenNMS on 17/10/2005 in a thread called "Tomcat 4
on Centos 4.1".

  Have fun with OpenNMS, it's really nice once you get it going.