[CentOS] Missing Dependencies

Sun Mar 12 23:48:15 UTC 2006

At 10:36 AM 3/12/2006, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
>Am So, den 12.03.2006 schrieb Robert Moskowitz um 13:45:
>
> > I finally got to installing TinyCA2 but have some dependency problems:
> >
> > yum localinstall tinyca2-0.7.2-0.noarch.rpm
> >
> > --> Processing Dependency: perl-Gtk2 for package: tinyca2
> > --> Processing Dependency: perl-MIME-Base64 for package: tinyca2
> > --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> > Error: Missing Dependency: perl-Gtk2 is needed by package tinyca2
> > Error: Missing Dependency: perl-MIME-Base64 is needed by package tinyca2
> >

> > I ASSuME this means that these packages are not in the CentOS distro.
> >
> > So where can I find them?  Perhaps this is part of CentOSplus??
>
>MIME::Base64 is part of the main Perl package CentOS ships with. The
>dependency set inside the RPM you use for that module does not fit on
>CentOS. Instead of requiring a module RPM it should require
>"perl(MIME::Base64).
>For perl-Gtk2 see i.e.
>
>http://centos.karan.org/el4/extras/stable/i386/RPMS/repodata/repoview/perl-Gtk2-0-1.062-1.html

I guess I did not understand you.

I went to install perl-Gtk2-1.062-1.i386.rpm and it needed
perl-Gtk2-1.062-1.i386.rpm

After getting these two installed I get for tinyCA2:

--> Processing Dependency: perl-MIME-Base64 for package: tinyca2
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: perl-MIME-Base64 is needed by package tinyca2

So obviously I did not get it...

Barrs Law of Recursive futility
         If you're smart enough to use one of these....
                 .....you can probably manage without one!