[CentOS] PHP 5.0.4 and PostgreSQL

Lamar Owen

lowen at pari.edu
Mon May 1 16:43:53 UTC 2006

On Friday 28 April 2006 06:20, Dominik Składanowski wrote:
> I can't login to PostgreSQL using phppgadmin. psql works.

There's a couple of things you can do.  First, use the connection string for
PHP that uses Unix domain socket connections (as I don't use PHP currently
for anything, I don't know what that might be for PHP 5).  Second, enable
tcp/ip socket listening in PostgreSQL.  This is enabled
in /var/lib/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf (been  a while since I've looked, but
that's the default location I remember).  The mechanism by which this is
enabled has changed between 7.4 (RHEL/CentOS default) and 8.1; read the file
itself, it is well-commented.  If you want external machines to connect, you
also need to enable the connection port in your firewall (iptables) config.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology