[CentOS] Rebuilding Raid 1

Mace Eliason meliason at shaw.ca
Mon May 1 23:41:24 UTC 2006

I just think this might work

I am using scsi drives so would I use root (sd0)  I tried it but it said
error while parsing number

I tried root (hd0) and it said filesystem type unknown, using whole disk

I stopped at that point worried I might mess up the whole thing

I have read other links that talk about doing it this way

$ grub

grub> device (hd0) /dev/hdc
grub> root (hd0,0)
 Filesystem type is ext2fs, partition type 0xfd
grub> setup (hd0)
 Checking if "/boot/grub/stage1" exists... no
 Checking if "/grub/stage1" exists... yes
 Checking if "/grub/stage2" exists... yes
 Checking if "/grub/e2fs_stage1_5" exists... yes
 Running "embed /grub/e2fs_stage1_5 (hd0)"...  15 sectors are embedded.
 succeeded
 Running "install /grub/stage1 (hd0) (hd0)1+15 p (hd0,0)/grub/stage2
 /grub/grub.conf"... succeeded
 Done.

do I need the device line first?

Thanks