[CentOS] Re: Rebuilding Raid 1

Mace Eliason meliason at shaw.ca
Tue May 2 05:13:09 UTC 2006

I think the reason for the partitions not being on the same drive is
because the old drive is the bootable drive and I changed the scsi ids
of the drives to get it to work.   I think it is using sba for the boot
but centos is on sbb.

I just need to make sure that the sync happens so that the info on sbb
is what is synced.  The info on sba is 1 month old this I have confirmed
by mounting sba3 and looking at the dates of the last emails received on
the server  I couldn't mount sdb3 because it is the active partition.

So from what your saying below running mdadm as you have shown will it
copy the good info on sdb to sda?

I have to have this server ready for 7am or we will loose this
contract.  I can't believe I have spend all day on this.

Thanks for the help

If I copy over the wrong info they will lose 1 months worth of emails.

Mace