[CentOS] Freenx Install problems

Stephane Jourdan Stephane_Jourdan at mentor.com
Tue May 2 08:07:15 UTC 2006

Hi,
Why would you start manually the NX server ?
The process should be :

  + SSH login request by the client
    + keys exchange for user "nx" (see /etc/passwd), which, once
authenticated, has for shell "/usr/bin/nxserver" on the server
      + then, "normal" SSH authentication for user.

By the way, options passed to "nxserver" are preceded by "--", like in
"nxserver --passwd", not "nxserver passwd"

Cheers,
Stef

Paul A Brown wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am new to Centos so please bare with me :-(
>
> I installed Freenx using yam install freenx
>
> Everything worked fine (or so it seemed)
>
> When I ran 'nxserver start' I got
>
> NX> 100 NXSERVER - Version 1.4.0-44 OS (GPL)
> NX> 500 Error: Function start not implemented yet.
> NX> 999 Bye
>

> I have restarted sshd but it still doesn't work. Anyone have a Howto
> for Centos? Any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Paul

Stephane Jourdan