[CentOS] cdrecord issues

Steven Vishoot sir_funzone at yahoo.com
Wed May 3 00:56:16 UTC 2006

--- Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:

> I have an issue with cdrecord though and I can't
> figure it out. I use
> Webmin, which basically just creates an iso and then
> uses cdrecord to
> burn it and it worked fine with previously installed
> CentOS 4 (I wiped
> and reinstalled about 8 months ago).
>
> This is the command that Webmin tries to execute...
>
> cdrecord -v dev=0,0,0 speed=4 -isosize \
> '/home/Linux/CentOS-4/CentOS-4.2-i386-bin4of4.iso'
>
> The result of cdrecord -scanbus at bottom of email.
> Log of error just
> below.
>
> Help appreciated...
>
> Craig
>
> cdrecord: No write mode specified.
> cdrecord: Asuming -tao mode.
> cdrecord: Future versions of cdrecord may have
> different drive dependent defaults.
> cdrecord: Continuing in 5 seconds...
> scsidev: '0,0,0'
> scsibus: 0 target: 0 lun: 0
> cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open
> '/dev/pg0'. Cannot open SCSI driver.
> cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord
> -scanbus'.
> cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try
> 'cdrecord dev=help'.
> Cdrecord-Clone 2.01-dvd (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
> Copyright (C) 1995-2004 Jörg Schilling
> Note: This version is an unofficial (modified)
> version with DVD support
> Note: and therefore may have bugs that are not
> present in the original.
> Note: Please send bug reports or support requests to
> http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla
> Note: The author of cdrecord should not be bothered
> with problems in this version.
> TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
>
> # cdrecord -scanbus
> Cdrecord-Clone 2.01-dvd (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
> Copyright (C) 1995-2004 J�rg
> Schilling
> Note: This version is an unofficial (modified)
> version with DVD support
> Note: and therefore may have bugs that are not
> present in the original.
> Note: Please send bug reports or support requests to
> http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla
> Note: The author of cdrecord should not be bothered
> with problems in
> this version.
> scsidev: 'ATA'
> devname: 'ATA'
> scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
> Linux sg driver version: 3.5.27
> Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
> cdrecord: Warning: using inofficial libscg transport
> code version
> (schily - Red Hat-scsi-linux-sg.c-1.83-RH
> '@(#)scsi-linux-sg.c
> 1.83 04/05/20 Copyright 1997 J. Schilling').
> scsibus0:
>         0,0,0     0) 'COMBI   ' 'RW16x10/DVD     '
> 'H1.1' Removable
> CD-ROM
>         0,1,0     1) *
>         0,2,0     2) *
>         0,3,0     3) *
>         0,4,0     4) *
>         0,5,0     5) *
>         0,6,0     6) *
> [...]
craig,

the only time i have had troubles like that is when
the ide-cd would load before the ide-scsi. check to
see if both ide-scsi and ide-cd are loaded....but not
sure if this is your problem.. can not remember if i
was able to see the drive when this happened to me.

Steven

"On the side of the software box, in the 'System Requirements' section, it said 'Requires Windows or better'. So I installed Linux."