[CentOS] weird install issue

Joe Pruett

joey at clean.q7.com
Wed May 3 05:29:24 UTC 2006

> this isnt really a problem, its something thats by design - we want the
> comps to only be on cd-1 since that way people can run a minimum install
> only needing cd-1.
>
> depending on the pkgset selected for install, the installer will build a
> transaction set, comps goes right down the ladder there, to setup an
> install order. IF you really want everything and dont want to do this
> switch - how about using the DVD or install over the wire !

i don't understand how the rpm dependencies could end up putting comps so
far down the list.  i just checked for requirements dependencies and
nothing seems to show up.  doesn't the rpm system under anaconda know what
packages are on what disks and build the transaction to cope with that?

i do usually use network installs, but sometimes i'm in the field and
don't have that luxury.