[CentOS] installing WIndows at end of disk

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Wed May 3 15:34:19 UTC 2006

On 5/3/06, Tony Schreiner <schreian at bc.edu> wrote:
> I have a functional CentOS system on which I need to install Windows
> for dual boot. I can make some space available on a high partition.
> Can WIndows be installed on partition 8 (starting with 1)? I have
> always done it on the first partition.

Windows will do angry things to the boot sector of the drive if it is
installed last during dual boot setup, so you'll have to use the
recovery disk if you do this. Whether windows will be happy at the end
of the disk is somewhat hardware dependent. I honestly don't know if
that would work.  You might instead (if you have the ram) use vmware
and load windows in linux to sidestep the problem entirely.

--
This message has been double ROT13 encoded for security. Anyone other
than the intended recipient attempting to decode this message will be