[CentOS] Uselib24/bindz - owned!

Nick list at everywhereinternet.com
Thu May 4 05:37:28 UTC 2006

Rick Philbrick wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Well thats telling.  So do you have chkroot-kit installed?  Although
> you know you've got to have a root-kit on there. Anyway, it may help
> narrow your search of the directories and the changes within.
>
> -rickp

Well i quarantined the files and then ran rkhunter and chkrootkit and
both came back ok. Not going to risk not starting over on the box but if
i can't tell how they got in then I'm not stopping it happening again.
It could of course have something to do with one of the webapps the box
runs (forum software)...

Also i found my iptables script wasn't blocking port 80 and port 21
outbound.... school boy error.