[CentOS] yum, dag and xawtv

Max H. btmanmeh at verizon.net
Thu May 4 19:59:07 UTC 2006

Damian Sobieralski wrote:
> Questions:
>
> 1) Is dag a good repository to get me these apps that aren't part of the
> stock CentOS repository file? If not, which one should I use? I don't
> need bleeding edge (even two versions behind for an app would be fine).
>
> 2) What's up with the gpg failures? Should I be worried?

To answer the first question, Dag is a wonderful Repo for locating just
about anything extra that you could find.

The second question I would have to guess is that the key isn't
installed for the packages when you're trying to authenticate against
the signatures.

Try to import the key and re-run yum against Dag's repo.

rpm --import http://dag.wieers.com/packages/RPM-GPG-KEY.dag.txt

Then "yum --enablerepo=dag {install,search,update,etc.} packagename

Max