[CentOS] Protectbase Plugin not working?

William L. Maltby BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com
Sat May 6 20:32:47 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-05-06 at 10:02 -1000, Camron W. Fox wrote:
> Johnny Hughes wrote:
> >>

> > You have to put:
> >
> > protect=0
> >
> > in all the non-protected repos as well
> >

> 	D'OH...1D10T. Sooo, if I want to protect my Base repository from
> updates from Dag, and I want to protect the Dag repository from updates
> from KBS, for example, I'm just have to run yum with enable/disable
> repos accordingly?

I haven't reviewed the docs recently, but IIRC all repos with protect=1
are protected from all with protect=0. They are not protected from each
other and ones with protect=0 are not protected from anybody. So my take
is the "base protected" is intended to protect base pkgs from
corruption/destruction by "add ons". All other protection comes from
"enablerepo=" on the command line combined with "disable=" in the repo
definitions... and the loose nut behind the wheel, of course.

Don't trust *my* memory though (bothers me not one whit if you are
screwed!  ;-): review the docs and get it right~

> Best Regards,
> Camron
>
> <snip sigs>

HTH