[CentOS] Troubleshooting "too many open files'

Mike ekkikrist at yahoo.com
Sun May 7 03:03:44 UTC 2006

Check any ulimits imposed on the process you are running.
# ulimit -n
1024

You should be able to increase that value to your file-max value.

and

FD_SETSIZE defined in:
/usr/include/linux/posix_types.h
/usr/include/bits/typesizes.h

#define __FD_SETSIZE    1024

If you are feeling silly you can modify the value of FD_SETSIZE and
recompile your software.

In either case, standard warnings apply.

- Mike