[CentOS] Protectbase Plugin not working?

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Sun May 7 10:31:15 UTC 2006

Daniel de Kok wrote on Sun, 7 May 2006 00:14:37 +0200 (CEST):

> > No protect line means protect=1 !
>
> Are you sure about that?

That is how it is explained in the documentation
http://www.centos.org/docs/4/html/yum/sn-yum-maintenance.html#sn-yum-plugins
Adding protect= to all repositories
You MUST add protect=0 to all repos in all .repo files in /etc/yum.repos.d/
or any repos that you have in /etc/yum.conf if you want them unprotected,
otherwise they belong to the protect=1 group. As a general rule add either
protect=0 or protect=1 to each and every repo.

> So, if the 'protect' option is not set, it the default value is false.
> This this also confirms how protectbase works in real-life on my machines.

Well, I'm certainly okay with that behavior, it's safer :-)

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany