[CentOS] nautilus ogg preview and sox mp3 support

José Alburquerque

jaalburquerque at cox.net
Thu May 11 02:13:56 UTC 2006

Would anyone out there be able to confirm (or deny) if ogg audio file
previewing works properly in nautilus?  I can preview wave (*.wav) files
and mp3 (*.mp3) files (I had to recompile sox for this to work), but not
ogg files.

On another note, I take it that recompilation of the sox source rpm
(with libmad-devel and lame-devel rpms installed) is the "right" way of
making sox support mp3 format.  Am I wrong?  Thanks.

Sincerely
Jose Alburquerque