[CentOS] how to swap CTRL and Caps Lock in console mode

Primorec

igor.furlan at gmail.com
Sat May 13 06:43:25 UTC 2006

Hi ALL,

I am not able to find the file which controls the keyboard mapping. I would
like to swap CTRL and Caps Lock keys.
NO, thhere is no problem with X11. That part was easy to fix. I've commented
out one line in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.

I would like to swap the keys in __console__ mode

YES, I've modified the file /lib/kbd/keymaps/i386/qwerty/us.map.gz

It did not make any difference. Keys CTRL and Caps Lock  are not swapped.

Any hint/advice/RTFM_pointer is more than welcome

Igor

--
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.