[CentOS] source rpms

William L. Maltby BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com
Tue May 16 19:21:47 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 13:53 -0500, Chris Peikert wrote:
> As a newbie I learned to bite the bullet and just google for RPM's I need. I
> found www.rpm.org and in the linux for dummies provides the site
> http://heidelberg.freshrpms.net which has a lot of RPMS to use. Good luck.

From rom Google's advanced search I used the "with all of the words" field
thusly:

   source rpms centos 3.6 site:CentOS

If returned 179 hits. I don't do sources myself, so I can't be more
specific. But I *do* watch the lists and knw that many folks have
provided the location(s) of the source rpms to similar queries in the
past. I would suggest you pursue this path rather than going outside to
strange rpms as your first step. It has been pointed out many times that
this can lead to less stability than is inherent in an all-CentOS
installation.

Hmmm. Also, have sou reviewed all the site docs? (FAQ or whatever is
posted)? Maybe the answer is there. I've never had to go to a strange
site for what I do (not bleeding edge or anything RAD).Plus, Add-ons,
Rpmforge... does it for me.

HTH
--
Bill