[CentOS] Re: Sound cards for Centros

M.Hockings veeshooter at hockings.net
Thu May 18 14:47:22 UTC 2006

Bernard Lheureux wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 07:41 -0400, M.Hockings wrote:
> A soundcard for a server ????
> Why ??? What do you want to do with that machine, CentOS is built for
> SERVER PURPOSES and if you want to make a workstation linux-based I
> advise you to prefarably use Fedora Core or another desktop optimized
> distribution but CentOS (not Centros ;-)) is based on RedHat Enterprise
> Linux and is done to be a SERVER SOLUTION...

Why does it seem to be such an odd inquiry?  I am trying to set up an
Asterisk server on it and the setup recommends using a sound card to
assist in the setup.  Centros does have sound support does it not?  If
not they why does it have all the sound controls?

Currently our main servers here are different version of Fedora Core but
the lifetime of the distro is too short. I really don't want to have to
reload and reconfigure again and again.

Mike