[CentOS] CentOS 4 and SATA RAID

Chris Mauritz chrism at imntv.com
Fri May 19 19:54:36 UTC 2006

Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Karanbir Singh wrote on Fri, 19 May 2006 13:34:34 +0100:
>

>> there is no such thing as sata support, as a blanket cover. you need to
>> make sure that the specific chipset / controller is supported ( sort of
>> like Scsi works ).
>>

> Thank you both for the answers. I suppose there's a supported
> hardware/driver list somewhere on the Red Hat site for RHEL4 that I can
> use for CentOS 4?

If you're going to do software RAID, the cheapest/easiest method would
be to use any SATA controller based on the Silicon Image 31XX chipsets.
It works right out of the box with 4.3.  I've had issues with the
following other chipsets not being properly recognized:

Intel ICH5
Serverworks HT1000

Cheers,