[CentOS] Installing 4.3 from CD

Jeffrey B. Layton

laytonjb at charter.net
Sun May 28 23:40:32 UTC 2006

Howdy,

   I hate to bother everyone with something so simple, but I've beat
my head bloody on this one. I have a new machine with an MSI
RS480M2-IL motherboard (ATI Xpress200 chipset) and a
Hammer DVD Writer (shows up as a Matshita DVD-RAM SW-9585).
Anyway, I downloaded the CentOS 4.3 iso's and burned them to
CD. When I boot the new machine it says:

Boot CD:
DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

I've _never_ seen this error message before. I know this is a RTFM
kind of question, but I don't have any idea right now. Any ideas?

TIA!

Jeff