[CentOS] Problem after last update

Dominik Składanowski

dskladanowski at gmail.com
Mon May 29 11:02:02 UTC 2006

Hello list.

Since morning I have an emergency. After last kernel update one of my
servers didn't start. On display I see only "GRUB" :(
I have 2 more servers based on CentOS too, but after the same update
this servers works.

All servers have 2 HDs and works as software mirror.

I have started damaged machine using Knoppix and I can see partitions
and data on both disks. Of course I have made a backup.

Anybody has the same problem? It can be hardware problem - HD diode
light all the time. Or maybe something went wrong during update?

Regards