[CentOS] Re: Re: Centosplus repo for apt-get?

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Tue May 30 09:32:56 UTC 2006

On Mon, 29 May 2006, Ralph Alvy wrote:

> >> I don't have a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/centos.list
> >
> > Do you have the apt provided by centos ... or from another vendor?
> >
> > What does this say:
> >
> > rpm -q apt
> >
> > The result should be:
> >
> > apt-0.5.15cnc6-4.centos4.i386
> >
> > If you have someone else's apt, it erased our configuration file.
>
> I remember now from a previous thread on this. The dag repo replaced the
> centos apt with
>
>         apt-0.5.15lorg3.1-1.el4.rf

I think you replaced it yourself :)

The CentOS configuration however should not be part of the apt package.
Because I cannot differentiate between RHEL and CentOS, and I doubt RHEL
users would be glad if by default CentOS updates are being installed.

IMO it would be so much easier if there was a release-centos package, much
like the release-rpmforge package, which takes care of configuring any and
all dependency resolver in one go.

Kind regards,