[CentOS] Re: Centos and Software RAID

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue May 30 22:49:54 UTC 2006

Brett Serkez spake the following on 5/30/2006 6:24 AM:
>> > We have since moved to 3ware hardware raid with better success in
>> terms of
>> > continuing to provide service through a drive failure event.
>
> Does anyone have any experience with Adaptec RAID controllers?   I
> have an application that will need hot swapping and am considering the
> Adaptec 1420SA controller but I can use the 3ware if it is indeed
> better.
>
> Brett
I have 2 systems with the 2820SA cards, and I have had a 2 drive failure on
each system.
While I can't really find evidence to blame this on the card, I am re-thinking
their use in the future.
Looking at the current pricing, there is not that much difference in the
cards, maybe 10 to 20 percent.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and