[CentOS] unable to start installing

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 12:32:01 UTC 2006

> I'm trying to install CentOs 4.3 on a "old" server. Cd's are ok, as i am
> able to use them in another computers.
> anything i can try?

Define 'old'. Is this a piece of hardware where you'd want to use the
i586 install option to get things going? Some older boards had buggy
acpi issues so booting with noapci or possibly even noapic might help.
If you could give us some idea of the hardware we can probably offer
better advice.

George Orwell