[CentOS] CentOS on Dell Inspiron 640m laptop

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Wed Nov 1 14:40:22 UTC 2006

Quoting Patrick <centos-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl>:

> The workaround on my laptop is to boot with "noapic irqpoll". Resume
> works if I specify that. Last time I tried it I got a message
> in /var/log/messages that this is going to kill performance and the
> little battery disappeared from my Gnome taskbar. Not a perfect solution
> but maybe it works for you.

Well, my laptop is too old for apic, so there's no apic to disable.
It has apm though.  I'll try irqpoll option.  I've already tried
noapm, which didn't help, but who knows maybe in combination with
irqpoll.  What does irqpoll do exactly?

--
NOTICE: If you are not intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that by reading this message you agreed not to disturb frogs during