[CentOS] Segmentation fault on LVM

C. L. Martinez

carlopmart at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 21:05:12 UTC 2006

Hi all,

 I have installed rhcs on a CentOS 4.4 server with clvmd. When server
reboots display a segmentation fault on line 504 in /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit
file, here:

  if [ -x /sbin/lvm.static ]; then
    500         if /sbin/lvm.static vgscan --mknodes --ignorelockingfailure
> /dev/null 2>&1 ; then
    501             action $"Setting up Logical Volume Management:"
/sbin/lvm.static vgchange -a y --ignorelockingfailure
    502         fi
    503     fi
    504 fi

 I don't use lvm on root filesystem, only on a gfs volumes:

 [root at keops RPMS]# df -h
/dev/hda1             5.8G  791M  4.7G  15% /
none                  379M     0  379M   0% /dev/shm
/dev/mapper/gfsvol01-cludatavol01
                       64G  357M   63G   1% /gfsdata

Why?? On a RHEL 4 U4 AS, this error doesn't occur .... My lvm packages are:

 [root at keops RPMS]# rpm -qa |grep lvm |sort
lvm2-2.02.06-6.0.RHEL4
lvm2-cluster-2.02.06-7.0.RHEL4

 Can somebody help me?? Many thanks.