[CentOS] unattended fsck on boot

Sharon Kimble skimble04 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 13:42:50 UTC 2006

On 08/11/06, Dominik Składanowski <dskladanowski at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 10:19:44 +0100, Mark Quitoriano
> <markquitoriano at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi how can i do this? i have a headless server that i want to do fsck
> > but i
> > know fsck need human intervention how can i make fsck to select yes in
> > all
> > questions.
> >

> Good question.
> Few weeks ago after kernel update one of my servers didn't start. I had to
> do fsck by hand.
>
> Regards.

If your system boots after an unclean shutdown you can set it up to do an
autofsck, e.g. an unattended and hands-free fsck. Just go to
/etc/sysconfig/autofsck and change the option from 'no' to 'yes'. The next
time you reboot after an unclean shitdown, for whatever reason, you will be
prompted to say 'Yes to stop autofsck'. If you don't respond it will do an
automatic autofsck.

Keep warm
Sharon.
--