[CentOS] noarch concerns? dangers?

R Lists06

lists06 at abbacomm.net
Wed Nov 8 18:38:24 UTC 2006

Please share some wisdom from the list... :-)

Realistically there is some type of difference between an rpm made for an
arch (like i386 or x86_64 etc) vrs an rpm with noarch

I was just looking at and downloaded these two from dag

perl-Archive-Tar-1.30-1.el4.rf.noarch.rpm
perl-IO-Zlib-1.04-1.2.el4.rf.noarch.rpm

they are the latest and are not assigned to an architecture

there are older rpms of the same that are assigned an arch like i386

what concerns should I be aware of if any when considering installing these?

Or should I just choose an older one with i386 etc architecture in mind?

Unit to install on is production internet mail and web server etc

Thanks and kind regards!

 - rh

--
Robert - Abba Communications