[CentOS] Deleting packages

Edward Diener

eldiener at tropicsoft.com
Mon Nov 13 16:00:07 UTC 2006

When choosing to delete packages, Synaptic will tell the user what other
packages are dependant and therefore have to be added to the delete list
also, and then will automatically add those dependant packages to the
delete list if one chooses to go ahead with the original package
deletion. I did not notice such functionality in YumEx. Does it exist ?

If it does not exist, is it possible to use Synaptic under CentOS 4.4
with the rpm repositories and have it work correctly ? In general I like
the Synaptic interface and functionality better than the YumEx
functionality. I do understand that there is an updated version of YumEx
for Yum 3.0+, but since CentOS is still on an earlier version of Yum, it
can not be used.