[CentOS] strange missing dependency message from daily yum update

Richard E Miles

r.godzilla at comcast.net
Mon Nov 13 21:49:47 UTC 2006

I am getting a missing dependency message for
libx264.so.54 is needed by package mplayer. The yum check-update for packages doesn't even show mplayer is to be updated. That library is in /us/bin on my system and when I run the mplayer that I have that's allready installed it runs fine. A ldd on mplayer shows it is referring to the correct /usr/bin/libx264.so.254.so.54.
Why is yum failing to do the daily yum update?

--
Richard Miles
Federal Way WA. USA