[CentOS] Install CentOS on PS3

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Tue Nov 14 14:48:59 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-14 at 13:35 +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> how sure are we that the Cell's run a stock Linux distro out of the box
> ? does yaboot even work for Cell ? { what firmware does that box have ? }

Now this should probably go over to the developer list (there is one,
right?), but I'll post it here since I'm sure others are interested.

I know that for a distro to boot on a PS3, something has to be modified.
>From what I recall, it's quite minor.  Sony actually supplies the
instructions on how to do it, so any PPC Linux distro can be installed
and run on a PS3.  I think they give an example using Fedora Core 5.
Here's the developer site with the documentation:

http://www.powerdeveloper.org/playstation.php

Regards,

Ranbir

--