[CentOS] Re: Java JDK on CentOS 4.4

Will McDonald wmcdonald at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 14:29:52 UTC 2006

On 16/11/06, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
> After doing this and the equivalent for the jta package you
> should be able to add the jpackage repo and use yum to
> install jpackage-utils and then things like tomcat4 or 5.
> I've been doing this to get opennms working on a couple of
> machines and have always had to explicitly install a couple
> of other packages to make it work: xml-commons-apis and
> something else I've forgotten.  Does anyone know the right
> order to add things to make tomcat work the first time?

>From my scrappy docs the last time I setup Tomcat it's...

Install rpm-build from CentOS repo.
Install jpackage-utils from Jpackage repo.
Install java-$ver-sun-$jpver.nosrc from Jpackage repo.
Build the Java SDK RPM as per JPackage instructions.
Install java-$ver-sun-$jpver.i586.rpm and
java-$ver-sun-devel-$jpver.i586.rpm built in previous stage.
Install jta-$ver.nosrc.rpm from Jpackage repo.
Build JTA RPM as per JPackage instructions.
Install gnu-crypto-sasl-jdk$ver Jpackage again?
Install Tomcat.

I've left the version out because I was building Tomcat 4 and SDK 1.4.

Will.