[CentOS] Re: IPTables Blocking Brute Forcers

Brian Marshall brian at smiz.biz
Thu Nov 16 17:10:07 UTC 2006

Hi All,

So I have a series of funny guys that are constantly trying to brute force
my FTP server. They are always in China, India or Japan, of course.

Unfortunately my clients do exchange emails with some people in China and
Japan so I can't just block off the entire region (as much as I'd love to).

Does anyone have suggestions on how I can script IPTables or put some other
security measure in place that could detect brute-forcing and reject from
their IP?

Thanks