[CentOS] installing 3d desktop centos 4.4

Kevan Benson kbenson at a-1networks.com
Fri Nov 17 20:56:56 UTC 2006

On Thursday 16 November 2006 20:48, David Milholen wrote:
> I have a piii 550 with about 256Mb ram with an agp 32Mb video card and Im
> wanting to install a desktop that has the 3d cube on the screen and use
> the arrow keys to select wich desktop you want to use and it brings it to
> the screen.
>  Has anyone heard of such or tried this??
> Thanks

I'm pretty sure that window manager (Compiz, I believe), runs everything
through OpenGL.  A 32 MB video card is most likely an older one, and it may
not have enough power to make it usable.  If you haven't already, you should
probably look for info on what are good specs for running that setup.

--
- Kevan Benson
- A-1 Networks