[CentOS] CCVS

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 22:29:27 UTC 2006

On 11/21/06, Karl R. Balsmeier <karl at klxsystems.net> wrote:
> Hey is there a CCVS package for Centos  (Credit Card Verification
> System).  Or has CCVS been discontinued and use of a similar tool be
> introduced?
>
> Is there any way I can utilize my Centos system to do CC processing or
> is this a bad idea?

I don't think CCVS is kept up anymore. I think there was a change in
how credit cards were being processed after 2000 and the protocol
could not be 'open-sourced' as it is all kept hush-hush via expensive
NDA agreements. Between those changes and some others.. the software
may not be usable anymore.

I am not sure what is done these days for CC processing.. most of the
items I have seen use propietary services now.