[CentOS] Configuring Multiple Gateways

Gary Richardson gary.richardson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 22:22:22 UTC 2006

You may be able to do something with the 'ip' command. In particular, I
think you need to do some googling for "source routing" or something
similar.

Typically you can only have one active default gateway and you need to use
something like BGP so your box knows which route is the shortest to a
destination. Either that, or you'll have to manually pick which route a
particular subnet takes.

Is this primarily for incoming or outgoing traffic? If it's outgoing, you
can probably do some load sharing. If it's incoming, you'll probably want to
rethink what you're doing.