[CentOS] how beta is ppc centos 4?

Dustin Krysak

d.k.emaillists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 23:14:20 UTC 2006

Hi there, I am looking for a rhel close to run on a PPC. I have used centos
for a while and want to stick with what I know. I know there is a V4.0 PPC
beta version. How safe is it to use? I have a server that will be going into
production, and am hesitant to use a beta product (as one should never use
anyways). What is the status of the PPC version? Is it going to be continued
to be developed? Is it dropped as the macs have gone to an intel
architecture?

Does anyone else know of a PPC rhel clone besides centos if it is not really
in dev anymore?

Thanks!