[CentOS] Open Office - libIDL.x86_64 - AMD64

Robert Slade centos at bathnetworks.net
Thu Nov 23 19:35:06 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-11-19 at 18:31 +0000, centos at bathnetworks.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install via yum group install, open office. I am having a
> dependancy problem. I get:
>
> /nTransaction Check Error:   package libIDL-0.8.4-1.centos4 (which is
> newer than libIDL-0.8.4-1) is already installed
>
> yum list gives:
>
> Installed Packages
> libIDL.x86_64                            0.8.4-1.centos4        installed
> Available Packages
> libIDL.i386                              0.8.4-1                base
>
> It looks like OO is looking for the 32 bit verson of the library whereas
> the 64 bit verson is installed.
>
> How do I fix this? I am running the x86_64 arch.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Rob

Sad person that I am replying to my own posting.

I appear to have sort of fixed this by installing the 32bit library by
using the rpm --oldpackage option. Yum now lists both:

Installed Packages
libIDL.i386                              0.8.4-1               installed
libIDL.x86_64                            0.8.4-1.centos4       installed

My only worry is what will happen if they are updated.

Rob