[CentOS] Re: Get error msg if try to use kernel makefile / build kernel

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 17:08:11 UTC 2006

On 11/27/06, MikeW <mw_phil at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> MikeW <mw_phil at ...> writes:
> >
> > Using the new method for building a standalone kernel module
> > (although seems to happen with the traditional way as well)
> > I get "mach_mpspec.h: No such file or directory"

What method are you using (describe your steps)? What module are you
trying to build?
Do you have all the prerequisites installed, such as kernel-devel (or
kernel-smp-devel)?
Have you run 'yum provides mach_mpspec.h' ? or otherwise attempted to
find the file?

Please help us to help you by providing more details.

George Orwell