[CentOS] pam_access not working?

Morten Kjeldgaard

mok at bioxray.dk
Wed Nov 29 13:23:41 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am having a strange problem, where I cannot get pam_access to work as
intended. I have placed the following line in /etc/pam.d/system-auth

account     required      /lib/security/pam_access.so

Then, in /etc/security/access.conf, I have put the following line:

-:mok:10.14.44.104

I.e. I should prevent myself from logging on from host 10.14.44.104.
However, when I try to log on (using ssh) from the specified host, I get
in without a problem. There is nothing in the logs. It does not help
restarting sshd, or rebooting. It does not help putting "ALL" instead of
the IP number. I happily get in...

Another weird thing is that if I give the argument "debug" to
pam_access.so -- as the manual says you can -- it does say something in
the log, namely that "debug" is not a recognized option.

The system is CentOS release 4.4.

I hope someone on this list can offer a bit of advice!

Cheers,
Morten