[CentOS] Iptables front-end

Will McDonald wmcdonald at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 15:53:29 UTC 2006

On 29/11/06, Jordi Espasa Clofent <jordi.listas at multivia.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> ¿What iptables do you use to manage iptables? ¿Or maybe not?
>
> Simply curiosity, so I'm coming from openSUSE and in that distro there
> is a YaST module front-end (YaST firewall).

Our perimeter firewalls are appliances but I run a tailored copy of
the bastion firewall script from the Linux Server Security book on
every internal host too to provide another additional layer.

http://examples.oreilly.com/linuxss2/

Basically use their example as a template and tailor the incoming and
outgoing traffic allowed for each type of host to *only* let them to
do what they need.

Will.