[CentOS] SAS Controllers

William Warren hescominsoon at emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com
Wed Nov 29 19:17:18 UTC 2006

there are many many raid controllers out there that aren't actually
hardware raid.  they may do some offloading but they still put some part
of the RAID process on the cpu.

Mark Snyder wrote:
> Hi All, first time post so please excuse any blunders
>
> We are specifying two servers using supermicro X7DBE+ MB and want to add
> on a SAS controller for Raid 10.  We want to use the CentOS 4.4 X86_64
> distro.
>
> We are currently considering an Intel CC SRCSAS144E SAS Raid Controller
> for the servers using 4 Fujitsu 147 GB SAS HDD, and a Adaptec SASC RAID
> 4805 8-port for the server using 6 Fujitsu 147 GB SAS HDD.
>
> Any feedback on this distro, the supermicro X7DBE+, or SAS controllers
> would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark Snyder
> JMK Computerized TDIS

My "Foundation" verse:
Isa 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and
every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt
condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their
righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

-- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)

Linux user #322099