[CentOS] Re: pptp server tutorial

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Thu Nov 30 14:58:22 UTC 2006

Dustin Krysak wrote:
> On 11/29/06, Alex Palenschat <alex at nssmgmt.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks for hte info. I was hoping to avoid having patches and
> > > kernel recompiles, but that might be my only way I can go.
> > >
> > > Thanks. It is appreciated.
> >
> > Time for the obligatory "why not use OpenVPN then?" post. It is in
> > Dag's repository and is very straightforward to install and works
> > well with NAT. There is a windows client with a GUI and it does not
> > have the weakness of password based authentication. www.openvpn.org
>
> I will check it out!

I just finished setting up an OpenVPN server on CentOS 4.4.  It was really
quite simple once I figured out the basics.  The hardest part was
configuring everything so that the remote computer could communicate with
the rest of the network.

There is some good information on the OpenVPN website.
http://openvpn.net/howto.html

--
Bowie