[CentOS] best repo for perl-IO-Zlib perl-Archive-Tar

Steve Huff

shuff at vecna.org
Wed Nov 8 16:20:08 UTC 2006

On Nov 8, 2006, at 11:09 AM, R Lists06 wrote:

> With all due respect to the various people, their hard work and
> associated
> repos, where is the best place to do a yum install for these two
> packages
> below in regards to an internet facing production Centos 4.4 server
>
> perl-IO-Zlib
> perl-Archive-Tar
>
> I noticed dag and karan repos appear to have it and my experience and
> research tells me that using CPAN is not an option for possible
> problems at
> times (no disrespect intended)

my first recommendation would be rpmforge.net.

http://rpmforge.net/user/packages/perl-IO-Zlib/
http://rpmforge.net/user/packages/perl-Archive-Tar/

if for some reason that won't work for you, there's always cpan2rpm,
which will save you some of the pain of dealing directly with CPAN
(which i agree is a bad idea on a production server).

-steve

--
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an
improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v