[CentOS] firewall issue

Ski Dawg centos at skidawg.org
Mon Oct 2 02:15:58 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-10-01 at 20:30 -0400, Jim Perrin wrote:
> No problem. Keep in mind that NFS is amazingly insecure and should
> only be used on internal trusted networks. I personally would not use
> it outside a protected lan, but if you feel inclined to do so, you're
> going to want to limit traffic to specific machines etc and take other
> precautions based on the risk involved with nfs.

Jim,

Thanks again for the additional information. Currently this is for a
small internal network only. The entire network (and the systems inside
of it) are all behind a firewall from the outside. I am also currently
limiting the nfs export to a specific machine in my /etc/exports file.

Eventually, I will be trying to do nfs over ssh for a little more
security, and if I want to take this to an outside network. I will also
look into limiting access by subnet and/or machine addresses.

Thanks again for the info.
--
Doug