[CentOS] Problem with NFS mount after upgrade to 4.4

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Mon Oct 2 14:10:39 UTC 2006

Alessio Cecchi wrote:
> Il giorno lun, 02/10/2006 alle 15.32 +0200, Ralph Angenendt ha
> scritto:
> > Alessio Cecchi wrote:
> > >
> > > No because in the runlevel the network is up before that netfs
> > > start:
> > >
> > > S10network -> ../init.d/network
> > > S25netfs -> ../init.d/netfs
> > >
> > > I can see also during the boot process on the screen, network
> > > start first.
> >
> > Some iptables rules acting up? No idea what else it could be - the
> > no route to host just screams for non-availability of the network.
>
> Thanks Ralph, but i have made all possible test:
>
> iptables is stop
> network is available
> set a sleep before to run netfs...
>
> The NFS is in the same network(mask).

How about a simple sanity check in the startup script?

    ping -c 4 192.168.140.13

Put that in before you attempt to mount the filesystem to make sure
there aren't network problems.

--
Bowie