[CentOS] Calling All FS Fanatics

Morten Torstensen morten at mortent.org
Tue Oct 3 07:08:26 UTC 2006

Feizhou wrote:
> XFS is good until you lose power while the disk subsystem is under load.
> This was when XFS was in its best form too (around 2.4.18 - 2.4.22). Not
> many people use JFS but it does actually seem to have the best environment.

JFS shares codebase with JFS2 in AIX and sees a lot of development and
maintenance there. Filesystems can be tricky from a support POV, especially on
large production systems. The upstream provider is pretty picky about
filesystems, even if you go for one of the 3rd party supported ones like JFS and
OCFS and you have reasons for choosing them.

There are more to filesystems than speed.

--

//Morten Torstensen
//Email: morten at mortent.org
//IM: Cartoon at jabber.no morten.torstensen at gmail.com

And if it turns out that there is a God, I don't believe that he is evil.
The worst that can be said is that he's an underachiever.