[CentOS] DELL M90 wifi - CentOS 4.4

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb17 at duke.edu
Tue Oct 3 12:35:03 UTC 2006

On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 at 10:26am, Paul Malinowski wrote

> Module for Intel 3945 is only for kernels above 2.6.15.
>
> I'm afraid that you will have to change the kernel (compile your own
> one)
>
> It's funny for me that Intel 3945ABG is so popular and common Linux
> dists doesn't support that wireless card.

This has been discussed at length on various lists, but the gist is --
blame Intel.  They're the ones who control licensing and distribution
rights for their drivers and hardware specs.

I'm running FC5 on my 3945 equipped laptop, with added RPMs from ATrpms
for 3945 support.  It works just fine.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering