[CentOS] Calling All FS Fanatics

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 19:50:49 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-03 at 12:15 -0700, Nathan Grennan wrote:

> ext3, works for me. It is meta-data only by default, but does it in s a
> such a way to minimize the risk much more than other filesystems. Also
> has writeback mode which is like other filesystems if you are looking
> for better performance. Also has full data journalling mode, which is
> atomic and is actually faster than the other two in certain situations.

Has anyone done benchmarks on ext3 with the dir_index option?  I've
used reiserfs in the past for better performance in creating and
deleting many files on filesystems that handle maildir directories
or for backuppc with it's millions of hardlinks, but perhaps ext3
would works as well with the indexes enabled.

--
  Les Miksell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com